SPORTSRACKER KAYAK RACK FAQ’S
WILL RACKS ATTACH TO MY BOAT RAILS & SLANTED STANCHIONSEcoMarine provides four types of kayak racks for boaters that fold & feather.
- The Stanchion Rack for boats equipped with upright stanchions
- The Slanted Stanchion Flip Rack for boats equipped with slanted stanchions.
- The Top Rail Flip Rack for boats with tubular hand rails.
- The Bay Boat Gear & Kayak Storage Rack for Runabouts.
WHAT MEASUREMENTS WILL I NEED TO SELECT AN ECOMARINE KAYAK RACKYou will need the diameter of the rail or stanchion on which the rack will mount:
- Simply wrap a string around the rail or stanchion and measure its length:
- If the string measures 2-3/4 inches, you have a 7/8" diameter
- If the string measures slightly over 3 inches, you have a 1" diameter
- If the string measures just under 4 inches, you have a 1-1/4" diameter
To fit a Rail Rack, you will need the height of your rail from the deck:
- If the rail is less than 20 inches from the deck, select a “Bay Boat” Gear & Kayak rack
- Low Rail Racks “flip” to over-deck storage on rails more than 15" high
- If the rail is more than 20 inches from the deck, select a “SR/LR” Series kayak rack
- SR/LR style Racks "flip" to over-deck storage on rails more than 22" high
WHY DOES THE ECOMARINE RACK FOLDThe Folding kayak rack is a patented feature of the EcoMarine Rack:
- A Folding rack reduces rack protuberance and the storage envelope occupied by a loaded rack.
- Line and sheet “snagging” are virtually eliminated.
- Strain on the rail and stanchion mountings are reduced due to the reduced torque arm provided by the “rail hugging” feature.
- Unused folding rack virtually disappears.
- Rack “overhang” adjusts to the size of the load so that boards occupy less space than wider loads such as kayaks.
HOW DOES THE ECOMARINE FOLDING RACK LOAD & LAUNCH KAYAKSEcoMarine folding racks are equipped with pivoting clamps:
- Pivoting heavy-duty stainless steel clamps allow the rack support arms to open & close by rotating around the boat stanchion or rail.
- When loaded, the support arms “pin” the load against the rail using a 1” nylon webbing tensioning strap through lift eyes on the support arms.
- Launching and loading kayaks or boards is easy:
- To secure a load, buckle the tensioning strap and tighten.
- To launch, unbuckle the tensioning strap, open the support arms and lower away.
What are Rubber TacSeals?EcoMarine Rubber TacSeals are adhesive-backed EPDM rubber products:
- TacSeal Grip Wrap is a moldable, thick and stretchy rubber tape with an adhesive lining that remains pliable and removable.
- TacSeal Weatherproof Tape is also moldable and stretches to twice it’s length, providing the perfect heavy-duty electrical wrap.
- TacSeal Rubber Washers are washer-shaped rubber seals with cross-cut center slits, enabling screws and bolts to be inserted for sealing and corrosion-proofing.
- TacSeal Battery Terminal Seals are wrap-around adhesive rubber seals cut in the shape of battery terminals for ending battery drain due to corrosion.